Curious? Check out our demos.
Learn how to:
- View Balances and History
- Make Transfers
- Use e-deposit
- Pay a Bill
- Add a Biller
- Use e-Alerts
- Make a Mobile Bill Payment
Got internet access? Then you've got a First Tech branch.
With Online Banking, you have a First Tech branch at the click of a button 24 hours a day/7 days a week. It's convenient, fast, and most important... free. Here are just a few of the ways Online Banking can make managing your finances easy.
- Check account balances and view available funds
- Make loan and credit card payments
- Transfer funds between credit union accounts
- View your statements online with e-Statements
- Pay bills and receive bills electronically using BillPay
- Deposit checks from home with e-deposit
- View check images online
- Make check withdrawals or get a loan advance and have it sent directly to you
- Download transaction information into Quicken
- Perform all these transactions securely
Any member in good standing with at least one valid, open membership account may access Online Banking. Some members may experience restricted or suspended Online Banking access if:
- You have loans more than 14 days past due
- Your address, phone or other contact information needs to be corrected
- You have entered your username or password incorrectly too many times
- Other special situations
Enrolling in Online Banking
To enroll, simply click the button above and complete a brief enrollment process. You'll choose your username when you enroll. We provided you a temporary password when you first opened a First Tech account. Once you have successfully enrolled, you must change your temporary password. If you don't know your temporary password, please call our Member Service Center at 855.855.8805 for assistance.
Online Banking accessibility
You can access Online Banking from anywhere in the world with a secure Internet connection. Just login from our home page in the upper right corner.
To login, you'll need your username and password. You choose your username during the enrollment process, and we provide your password when you open your account.
Paying Bills Just Got Effortless
Paying your bills has never been easier. Save the time and hassle of getting your bills together, figuring out who to pay when, writing the checks, getting stamps, and dropping them off at the post office. BillPay is your secure, one-stop, hassle-free way to pay your bills.
BillPay gives you the ability to:
- Pay anyone, anytime, anywhere
- Categorize your payments and keep a payment history
- Receive your monthly bills electronically and automatically pay them
- Make multiple payments all at once
- Pay bills the same day for those emergency situations
- Use the online calendar tool for scheduling payments
- Set bill reminders so you never miss a payment
Enrolling is as Easy as 1-2-3
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click "Pay Bills" on the left hand menu
- Fill out a short enrollment form and accept the Terms and Conditions
That's it! Welcome to effortless BillPay.
Account Alerts are Here
You asked for it, you got it! We're excited to introduce e-Alerts, the easy way to stay on top of what's happening with your First Tech accounts.
With e-Alerts, you can receive SMS or email alerts about key account information. Want to know when your account balance is lower than a specific dollar amount? Just set up an Account Balance e-Alert. Waiting for a check to clear? Then set up a Cleared Check e-Alert. You can choose from five different e-Alert and then customize them with the information you want.
Enrollment is Easy
Just follow these four easy steps to get started:
- Log in to Online Banking
- In the left navigation, click "e-Alerts"
- Tell us your contact and carrier information
- Read the Terms and Conditions and click "I Accept"
From there, just set up the alerts you want and how you want to receive them. We'll do the rest. You can even tell us when you want to receive them. Try it out and let us know what you think. Want to choose from more types of e-Alerts? Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a deposit anywhere you are.
With your iOS, Android or Windows smartphone or a desktop scanner, you can make a deposit anywhere you are. In your bedroom? Check. At the kids' soccer game? Check. In your car? Technically, yes, but please don't deposit and drive. No matter where you are, our e-deposit solution lets you bank on your own time.
Enrollment is free, but you must meet a few simple qualifications shown below. If you qualify, you'll see an "e-deposit" button within Online Banking. Just click on that button to begin the enrollment process.Once you're enrolled, you can use e-deposit from your home scanner or one of our mobile apps.
- Be a First Tech member
- Have an active First Tech account
- Be enrolled in Online Banking
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a member in good standing (basically, no fraud, charge-offs, things like that)
If you don't see the e-deposit option within Online Banking, please give us a call at 855.855.8805 for assistance.
Here are a few tips to help ensure a successful deposit.
Sign the back of your check. If the check is made out to multiple people, make sure they sign too.
If you're making a deposit with your phone, place your check on a dark-colored, well-lit surface. Contrast is a blast.
Smooth out any bends, curves or wrinkles.
Align your check within your desktop scanner or smartphone guides.
Be sure to flip your check and scan the other side.
Protect Yourself and Save Time and Trees
When you enroll in e-Statements, you'll receive your monthly account statement online securely, often up to five days sooner than getting a standard printed statement by mail. Plus, you can feel good knowing that you're doing the right thing for the environment and for our credit union.
In 2013 alone, our e-Statements users saved 1,607 trees and over $1.2 million in printing and postage costs. Now that's some serious green savings. More trees means a healthier future for us all and cash saved means more dollars to invest in enhancing your membership value.
Enroll today and help us save trees, money and your personal identity
To enroll, just:
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click "Statements"
- Select "I prefer e-Statements" (and/or other options) and click "Change"
- If your e-mail address is not on file, we'll ask you for it
- Simply read and accept the e-Statements agreement
- You're enrolled! A new window will appear to view your statements currently on file
Common Questions and Answers
We've tried to answer some of your most frequently asked questions about our most popular online and mobile tools: our Mobile App, Online Banking and BillPay. If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us.
With which devices can I use the First Tech app?
Currently, our app runs on the iOS, Windows Phone and Android platforms. There are nearly 1,400 devices running the Android platform, and we've successfully tested our app on the devices below. Although you're welcome to try the app on Android devices not listed below, we're only able to guarantee performance on the devices noted below.
|Android Sprint LS670||Samsung LG Optimus||Android Verizon Droid Bionic|
|Android Sprint HTC Evo||HTC Sprint|
|Galaxy SII Skyrocket||Galaxy SII|
Does the iOS app work on the iPad?
Yes, you can use the iOS version on an iPad. However, it isn't a native iPad app so you might encounter some "quirks." Most of these will be related to visual display and not operational functionality.
What about BlackBerry?
We don't have a version for BlackBerry in development. BlackBerry users can access most of the features of Online Banking through our Mobile Banking platform. Just type "firsttechfed.com" into your mobile browser to access it.
How does e-deposit work with our app?
It's now easier than ever to use e-deposit. Instead of a scanner, you use your smartphone's camera to take a photo of the front and back of the check that you’d like to deposit. Just align the check in between the guidelines on your smartphone and voila, e-deposit.
Note: If you're not already enrolled in e-deposit, you'll get a message asking you to contact Member Services. You can enroll from a desktop computer or laptop and then use Mobile e-deposit.
How secure is the app?
We use the same security infrastructure as we do for our Online Banking platform to protect your financial transactions and identity. You can read more about how we and you can protect your security in our Fraud Prevention Center.
Do any iPhone/Android phone services still charge for "roaming"?
The roaming charge isn't determined by the platform or app. It's dictated by the carrier - AT&T, Verizon, etc. Roaming occurs specifically when you travel outside the country, referred to as international roaming.
How do I reset my username or password?
If you established your secret questions during the enrollment process, you can reset your password and retrieve your username online. To check, simply visit the Recover Login Credentials page.
If you've not yet set up secret questions, please visit your local branch or call the Member Service Center for assistance. We highly recommend that once you reset your password, you set up secret questions on the Change Password page in Online Banking.
Why did I get a "You are not a Member" message when I try to access BillPay or e-Statements?
This can occur when you're a joint owner on an account, but never established your own credit union membership. Please contact our Member Service Center to help establish your membership and enable access to these services.
Why does Online Banking log me off automatically?
To protect your privacy, we default Online Banking to log you off automatically after 12 minutes of inactivity. You can choose a different timeout setting using the security preferences within Online Banking.
What do I do if I suspect fraudulent activity?
You're protected from losses when transacting business online (and any time you use your account) when you contact us as soon as you notice suspected fraud. Do not hesitate to call us, as there is a limit to the amount of time you have to report an error or fraud. Call 855.855.8805 immediately or visit a local branch.
What about pop-up blockers?
When attempting to access some services, including the Help files, we automatically open new browser windows so we don't interrupt your existing session. Depending on how strictly you set your pop-up blocker settings, you may not see these windows.
Please refer to your browser (or plug-in) help to allow pop-ups from firsttechfed.com, or select the link that appears when attempting to access these services.
Can I use Mint with a VIP token?
No. If you currently use a VIP token you will have to disable it to login to Mint.
I see more than one "First Tech" when I Iog in to Mint for the first time. Which one should I use?
Please select "First Tech Federal CU (formerly Addison Avenue CU)" as your institution.
Can I use Quicken with my First Tech accounts?
Yes, simply search for First Tech Federal Credit Union from Quicken to link to your accounts.
What are the technical requirements for using e-deposit in Online Banking?
Here are the specific requirements for using the scan wizard feature of the e-deposit:
PC with Windows 7, Vista or XP (with Java 6.24+):
- Internet Explorer version 8 or higher
- Firefox version 3.6 or higher
- Chrome version 15 or higher
MAC with OS 10.6.6 (Snow Leopard) or higher (with Java 6.24+):
- Firefox version 4 or higher
- Safari version 5 or higher
- Chrome version 15 or higher
Internet Explorer version 7 users: If you can't upgrade or use an alternate, here is a workaround.
What is BillPay?
BillPay lets you pay your bills online through First Tech Federal Credit Union. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit, even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay.
How does BillPay work?
To pay your bills online, simply add your payees (the companies or people you want to pay). We use this information to make the payments for your bills. After you add your payees, you can go to the Payment Center. The Pay Bills section lists all of the payees you've added in BillPay. To pay a bill, enter a payment amount and the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment. You can also select this date from the calendar.
Who can I pay using BillPay?
You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit. Even if you don't receive bills from the company or person you want to pay, you can still add the information we use to make payments. You can pay large companies and small companies, as well as individuals such as child care providers or family members.
How secure is my bill payment and personal information?
BillPay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- SSL - BillPay uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption - BillPay uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out - BillPay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks in BillPay.
Can I use assistive technology to access BillPay?
Yes, we've incorporated several enhancements based on priorities one and two of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These enhancements aim to make BillPay more accessible to assistive technology users.
Tips for Screen Reader Users
The following features may help you navigate BillPay more easily:
- Skip to Main Content Links - These links allow you to skip the page banner and the redundant navigation links and go directly to the main page content.
- Link Titles - If a link opens a new window, you are alerted in the link title. Most of the links have descriptive labels, but we provide additional information in the link title if necessary. For this reason, we recommend that you set your screen reader to read the link title attributes.
- Table Summaries - Whenever information is presented in a table format, we provide a brief description of the contents.
- Font Sizes - The fonts can be resized without significantly changing the layout of a page.
For best performance, we recommend you use one of the following supported browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)
- Firefox 6 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)
- Apple Safari 5.1 (OS X 10.6 and 10.7)
- Chrome 14 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7)